Monday, October 17, 2011

On My Way

Have you ever wondered why you want to have relationships? Of any kind. I mean, fundamentally. In the most basic terms, the reason for being surrounded by people is to feel fulfilled. Wherever there is a hollow, we want to fill it with another. (Occasionally, we have relationships with animals or cars, who and which serve the same role as humans.) From here, I am led to believe that we have certain expectations regarding where we want the relationship to go. And from here, I am led to believe is where all confusion and pain arise. About expectations. What is the basis of them? Where do they come from? Who programmed them into our being?  I am curious about when and where was it that I've come to have a definition of a relationship. It seems to me that we may operate by an unexamined belief system passed onto to us from whatever comes after Ice Age. If unexamined, if unevaluated, if followed by blindly, we are surely led to many misunderstandings. We are also led to live by that which may be not true. Not just for us, not just in theory, but fundamentally. And now from here, I reach a point where I want to know if I am aware of what my own definition and my own expectations are. I also want to know if my expectations are real. After all, what I think and feel and desire changes rather frequently, like the weather system. If I am different from morning to evening, or year to year, then my expectations are very likely to be different. Perhaps, my relationships, too, need to change along with me. Thus, the only expectation and perhaps, reality, is that relationships are simply stopping points for rest and help, and question and answer on this path of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)