Saturday, June 25, 2016

Somewhere Inside

Well, I wake up and stretch my body and do a dance with the divine
And then I drive to see a woman who longs to dance but doesn't know how
I spin around and do what's needed without wanting to be thanked
And yet there is no way of escaping which seems to shine without effort
She holds me dear in her warm body and keeps me hanging on for long
Because somewhere inside she knows, there is something more to know

I have been taught how to live fully and I have learned to listen well
And when I do, there is no stopping to what I am capable to handle
It isn't said like I am bragging, because I know all too well
The road ahead is very windy and many boulders line the way
And yet the eyes can't hide the freedom that lies beneath the fear and greed
That's why I long to keep on giving to end the cycle of building me

I woke up and stretched my body and danced a little with the divine
I drove to see the pretty woman to break myself of my own lies
I spun around and did the work to make the project come to life
Because somewhere inside I know, my work has only just begun

1 comment:

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)