Friday, August 16, 2019

Around Me

i love these souls surrounding me 
with love and caring and food to eat

each morning i wake, 
they are there to help in whatever they can or even can't

don't know the force that makes it all work, 
sending angels from above to my front door

i am left to sit still with a smile on my face 
visible only to those willing to gaze

even when times are tough and the road is obscured by the darkness of night without the moon

they appear from the unknown and gently take me home, 
leading me by my breath while i am left amazed

and i thank their heart for being with me 
despite being imperfect with broken dreams

maybe thorns aren't that big and the petals enough bright 
to be an inspiration, relief, and delight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)