Tuesday, June 12, 2012

She Confused

                                                                                                                    10/28/11

In a workshop for women. Women only. On how to understand men, attract men, have good relationships with men. In walks She. Strong! Strong legs and shoulders, mini-skirt. Black. Tall boots. Also black. Parting air as if it were made of hardened cement. I retrieve into my soft shell, as she pushes herself in front of me and sits down right next to me. Honestly, I am a bit scared and fearful to be this close.

In a restaurant with only two other tables occupied. The table on my path has become the walking grounds of an obviously all-knowing and all-powerful Her. Disgust for the rest oozes out of the perfect skin, make-up, body, and hair. Words formed and articulated with conviction, with no room for rebuttal. Not a millimeter. Honestly, I am a bit scared and fearful to cast my eyes in the direction of her.

On an airplane. Her hand softly unlatches the lock, as she pulls out a brochure. Her palm glides over the door, her arm dances through the thinness of air, as the object is delivered to the appropriate receiver. Her smile drops pearls of the feminine, as she floats to the next task. And honestly, I am a bit enchanted and unable to avert my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)