Saturday, July 21, 2012

On Death, Part 1

Just brain dumping.
Death.
He said to ponder death.
To speak of death.
I must learn death. Or know it.
My friend dies.
I grieve. Or do I?
A grief of what?
A loss.
My loss.
Not for him.
I grieve for the loss of my friend.
Because I will be losing a friend.
Because I will not be getting something.
A relationship ends.
Like that of a lover leaving.
I grieve then, too.
For I will not be getting something.
An unnecessary way to live.
I never had him. Or anything else.
I own no one. No possession. Leads to no loss. 
The blessings of his company.
His light in my life.
A joyous addition. Thanks.
Is all I am able to experience.
Coming. Going.
Like the ocean's tide.
Grateful for its presence and its absence.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)