Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Deepest Desire

This is the everyday scene played in front of my eyes, and I am interested in commenting and exploring the sight. Forgive me for being frank and possibly offensive. I would like to point out that we are all programmed robots. Some kind of a software was installed into our mind and body, and it keeps running our lives. 

We mostly know of the things that are "wrong." We mostly know of what needs to be changed to feel better. We talk about it, complain about it, wish it to be different, and, at the end of the day, no action is taken, no transformation takes place, and the next day is the same as the one before. Some might call our lives as obsessive-compulsive. 

Much could be said about this cycle we find ourselves in. Explanations and reasons could be many. We have already exhausted all of the excuses. It seems as if not seeing a way out, not having the tools to switch train tracks is at the core. I am running along the concrete road, someone is running along me on grass, and while I want to experience the softness of that natural terrain, my body keeps me steady, and I am unable to veer off and touch the green. 

Maybe the answer is in not knowing the how. Maybe the answer is in the seeking of the how. Maybe the answer will be given to us once our longing to know the how is so great, we are unable to remain where we are without falling flat on our face with every step we take. Some might call it pathetic. Some might call it surrender. 

This treatise appears to be leading to the possibility that we might not know much of anything. We might only know that we don't know much of anything. We might only need to seek a vision of the best version of ourselves, and all else becomes revealed to us. 

Our task is simply to desire, with every fiber of our being, to re-write the program that is not and never was ours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)