Saturday, July 2, 2016

Periwinkle Sky

"This is crazy!' 
She exclaimed
"Periwinkle sky!
Oh man!"

How often do you see
Something magical like this?!
How frequently do you
Look up high and see love, too?

Every leaf on every tree
Sings a song
Just for me

And the winds
They add the beat
And the sun
It makes you feel bliss

And the periwinkle sky above 
Invites me to sit down 
And write this verse

Oh, the creatures of this land
So many of you partake
In the making of our lives
Every single day and night

May I always be aware
Of the colors in the air
Of the subtle and quiet beauty
That is everywhere,  nothing's excluded

Sit with me
On this old bench
Be with me
Like it's the end
Look at periwinkle sky

Smile and enjoy being alive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)