Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Longing for Love

Please forgive if this might cause a disturbance
And I need you to know of my love and devotion
And I need you to see my deepest commotion
That serving you is my unwavering notion

But you're running away, you need motion

And you'd like to breathe with the big ocean
And you want to stretch out with the freedom of god
While I'm willing to wait for you on the sideline

And I know that you need to find yourself

And I fully support your longing to escape
And my love for you can't extinguish itself
Maybe one day you'll return to hold me and breathe me
If somehow you're able to, as you said, get over yourself

Until then, I'll see how to handle this case

With the grace that bestowed itself onto my head
And it gave me the freedom to love without haste
And it cut me open with a skillful hand
And I'm standing without armor, fear, or the need to protect
I want you to know the depth of the trust I have
And the level with which I've embraced you as a boy and a man
And the longing I have to love you everyday

And as much as I wish for you to be next to me

And as much as I want to give myself fully to thee
I cannot and will not til you come as an empty entity
And if we are not meant to be...
I'll still love you the same with all of me
And march on into the world looking for another with your sweet energy
And I'll hold you dear in thought and mind
For you are myself, me, and, somehow, mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)