Saturday, February 22, 2020

Final Stop

It might have been the mountains 
It might have been the wind
With you I allowed myself to dream
Of things I hadn't dared to think
Since I had the youthful drink

You say the sweetest and kindest things
And the tears well up in the shape of a kiss
Your being exploding with wanting to live
It's ignited, it's loaded, it's ready to breathe

I don't know what is real or what life will bring
I don't know the answers to the questions not so unique
You must walk the road that's been clearly marked
Give the ones who belong to you a fighting chance

I am only a ghost with a healing touch
Whose needs and longings are of no consequence
It is you who was born to lead the crowds
Take your grand family to the altar of the beyond

You're equipped with everything
Needed to reach the final stop


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)