Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fallen

As quickly as the ship, to raise me out of drowning waters, was built, just as quickly, if not more so, the flooring decayed and gave way. I am back in murky waters, though the head is still above, overlooking the vastness, the intimidation. Lost at sea. There must be a life vest somewhere, or a rescue helicopter, but who would call for it? Scanning the horizon with the eyes part petrified, part exhausted, sprinkled with a third party observer. It's just me. All I have is me. Everything else might just be a bonus. The balancing act between individualism and society. How capricious an individual and how deep-rooted a society. Keeping focus, scanning the horizon, visualizing the greatest of the greatest, playing all kinds of mental tricks and games, telling and creating all types of lies and stories, all to keep head above water. I want to walk on water. I want to see beyond the horizon. I want to stand as I am, every millimeter of me alive and free, independent of the pandemonium abound, deep-rooted in the current of life, as it takes me through, over, and above the shifting tides that are banging on the rocks, spilling over the sand, and knocking the ships down, under, and beneath the murky waters. All I have is me. Everything else might just be a bonus, but I am still me, still knocked off the boat, still in the darkness, and wanting a boost, if just enough to see the general direction.

Thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)