Sunday, September 23, 2012

Just Ask Me

At this point of my adventurous existence, I'd like to go on record and state that aggression is not the tea I am interested in drinking. I don't enjoy it in any way, regardless of the flavor or the cup that it's in. Poison is poison. And I did not choose this word unconsciously. Aggression is poison. It converts the other into an enemy, or assumes he is an easy prey. It assumes the other can be and will be controlled and bent into the desirable shape to serve the needs of the aggressor. It seeks dominance and power. It respects no one. And, most certainly, it works as an electric fence, protecting the scared little puppy that's doing all the yucking.

I'd like to record another statement. Just as violence begets more violence, so does kindness beget more of the same. You want respect? Become respectful. You want fairness? Be fair. You want recognition? Recognize. And you want what you want? Give it away. 

Aggression is a symptom. Aggression hurts humanity. And, in reality, there is no need for it. None. Just ask me nicely, and I will flow with you resistance-free. That simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)