Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Greatest Show


They are very similar in action and in words.
They seek me out with speech.
They reach for me with words.
They sit me next to them.
They engage in their loquaciousness.
They forget the softness at their side.
They go on. They go on.
Without a moment’s break, rest, or pause.
The momentum keeps building.
The snowflake becomes a snowball.
They roll down a steepness.
They do not stop to inhale.
They have left me a long mile ago.
I stand there, alone, watching the peacock flash its feathers, wondering what all this energy is tossed out for.
They seek me out.
They sit me down.
They recede swiftly.
With no insight of the consequence of their non-action.

The dragon spews fire as the flower sags its pretty head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)