Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Kiss My....

Clarity is approaching. To say all things are clear would be a gross overstatement. To say a thing or two is clearer would be more appropriate. The pointer finger is first directed toward me. I am very much guilty. I know this feeling very well, and so it is rather easy to observe elsewhere. How to name it? The feeling of not stating what is true for me at any one moment, what needs to be, and, certainly, what I prefer to do. Social graces and etiquette are only the beginning. Social constructs of how to behave, what to think and feel, definitions of proper and improper. This is where the meat of all the pain is. The unconscious subscription to the rules of the game. The cost is unfathomable and abominable. I have paid with my life all through my life, watching my life slip through the very fingers it created. We are given a language without the alphabet. We are forced to live it without understanding the fundamentals. We deny our own nature to fit into a box that is much too miniature and confining. We feel constricted, restricted, wound up, and small. How I admire those few who are able to stand tall, unapologetic for any internal process. I watch them in awe and learn that the true limitation lies within me, that the grandeur of dogma is not that grand, that the box I was carefully put into is not mine, that there is nothing wrong with my way of being, that my fears are the same as yours and my confusion is as deep than yours, and if only I can honestly speak my truth at any one moment, and communicate the needs and the wants, I can become free. And in that freedom, I will choose to be integrity, honesty, compassion, and grace. The golden rule can kiss my... I simply become gold, as the rule naturally falls off. I become gold, because it feels good to glow. Because it feels good to shine. And that is all that needs to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)