Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Mind Weeds

The dots. The specks making up the dots. Slowly connecting, forming a more coherent and complete picture, a picture that is starting to fill up the entire screen, except I am aware that is a remote possibility.

Suffering comes out of comparison.

Like the math notation, equation, representation. A is greater than, smaller than, or equal to B. A mind's sick trick to keep itself occupied in the absence of having something better to do. Maybe, had I understood any math whatsoever in school, I would have understood this reality sooner. My usage of the term "sooner" shows only too well how easily I create suffering when it didn't exist just split seconds ago.

Because if I looked at any one thing and at any one person as if I am seeing them for the last time, I would see their beauty. Without any comparison I see them. Period. Nothing more and, certainly, nothing less. And all the frivolity just melts and resistance vaporizes and a sense of subdued love and compassion arises. I, as the observer, become compassion itself. And such soil does not grow suffering. Thus, the weeds of discontent are uprooted...

And when I see myself as something I am not, I am unable to remain with what I am. I am unable to see my beauty, and I am unable to see the frivolity of my overworked mind. And the paradox is just this: seeing the inner light makes it glow even brighter until all I am is a light that shines in all directions. The frivolous mind games of comparison fall out of existence. And the weeds of discontent are something of the distant past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)