Friday, February 15, 2013

Different Types

He looked at me through his glasses and said: "Let me ask you something... Are there different types of love?"

Well, if we're starting to ask these types of questions, then are there different types of anger? Of hatred?

My inability to love everything intensely just might lead to the categorization of love: romantic, friendly, motherly, brotherly. My inability to love anything for all that it is, not only for some of it. I may mistake hormonal lust for love. I may mistake mental stimulation for friendly love. I might mistake feeling emotional comfort for motherly love. I might love that person for what he/she does for me rather than for what he/she is. Whatever I may experience with various people, whatever aspect of my needs is fulfilled, I label my internal feeling as a certain type of love. While none of it may really be love. Love is love, it seems to me. Pure, innocent, all-inclusive, and worldly. 

And if I can be in love with one somebody, what prevents me from being in love with every body and every thing. And if I am in love with all that comes in contact with me, will there be a need to ask the question in the first place? 

And when simply dripping with love, I am just as equally fascinated by the movements of an ant as I am with the movement of my lover. How does that song lyric go? "One love, one heart, let's get together and feel alright." Perhaps, it's wise to stop the division of that which is indivisible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)