Saturday, March 22, 2014

A No-Name Poem

Nothing is clear
Everything's grey
Longing to plant
My foot down in sand

Close to blind
Vision so obscured
Waiting for light
To give signal soon

What's there to prove
How should I be?
When all I look for
Is freedom and ease

Need to decide how to feed hungry heart
Need to protect and clothe this mind
Need to know the road to take
Need to sleep well and smile when can

Writing this verse knowing full well
It is all up to me
The road, the way
The action, the thought
The energy and the result that's to be brought forth

I'm only a child
With little skill
It is daunting to know
It is all up to me

Yet I only can hide
For so much more
Before life within me
Decides to walk out the door

And that's why I request
With deep pain in my soul
For the forces out there
Big and small
To let me hear clear
To let me see well
To show me the way
Through and out of this hell

May I be in peace, in surrender, in bliss
May I know the truth of what exists
May I love the cold in the morning sky
May I share my purpose in being alive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)