Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"I"

I love you.
I miss you.
I want you.

You draw me in.
You entice me.
You intrigue me.

I am losing my footing.
I am responding to your being.
I am helpless.

Fear arises.
Conflict hurricanes.
One step forward and two steps back. Or three.

I love you but...
I miss you but...
I want you but...

Your power.
Your grace.
Your beauty.
They overtake me.
They suffocate me.
They drown me. Gently. Gradually. Unexpectedly.

Reaching for the flame that has the potential to ignite me. And to burn me. 

I love you. But only conditionally.
I miss you. But only conditionally,
I want you. But only if my feet are securely planted. Into the soil. Into your heart. Holding you down. Just enough to love you. Just enough to hold you. Just enough to swallow you. Without losing.

While you talk of surrender...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)