Sunday, March 17, 2013

Could Be Anything

The trees are bare and then they're full.
The sun has set and the moon is blue.
All birds are quiet before the storm.
And I, alone, sit on thy throne.

His steps are soft.
His touch conveys
The buried moss
On winters' days.

The flower now becomes a seed.
The leaves have fallen at thy feet.
You look around and then at me.
Your smile speaks of humanity.

And I step down
From the above,
Because it isn't
Where I belong.

I am in the trees and in the fields.
The setting sun is my retreat.
The bird takes off with my envy
Into the sky of depth and wish.

Your step is light.
Your touch's a breeze
Along my thin,
My weathered skin

And we are walking hand in hand.
The steps are equal in their lengths.
All nature's gifts are on display,
And we are nothing more than vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)