Friday, March 8, 2013

With Warmth

Maybe the gods are crying when it rains.
Maybe mother earth is taking a shower.
And maybe I'd like to believe a romantic story, because I see so much damage being done by us to us. 
Maybe I don't want to believe that it's each man for himself.
Maybe I need to retrieve my rose-colored glasses and return to the day before they were knocked off.
Maybe I am craving the return to innocence.

Because there is a car accident ahead of me.
Because that could have been me.
Because life is fragile.
Because we cannot continue feeling great for winning over somebody.
Because we ARE in it together.
Because we cannot be fulfilled by gathering more.

And as he was working uphill, I was sliding down.
We collided, circled each other in a dance of confusion and intrigue, and continued on our original course.
Maybe it was necessary.
Maybe it was nothing.
Maybe it was wonderful.
Maybe it was chaotic.
Because the gods are crying.
Because this life is a maze.
Because the paths may be different with the finish line being the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)