Thursday, March 19, 2020

Mercurial

One of my most favorite words is "mercurial." 

I learned it in high school. In one class or another. 

I thought it had to do with the planet Mercury. Maybe it does. 

As I watch nature from behind the glass door, this is the word that comes to mind. It fits.

Mercurial means unpredictable, usually in reference to a person. Someone moody.

And isn't life just that? A bit unpredictable, a bit of highs and lows.

I prefer uncertainty to certainty.

It is not a comfortable way of life. 

And while I don't enjoy the constant appearing and disappearing of the sun, I prefer the constant question in my mind: "What will happen next?"

What surprise am I to receive next?

Who will come through my door next?

What would be the next chapter of my life and what is the ultimate completion to my way of being?

In some way, I want to be used up. I want to pour out like excess water from a cup. Simply, effortlessly. 

I am on a lookout for opportunities that will allow me to move. Into the great question mark residing within me. 

Mercurial weather, mercurial life, mercurial me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)