Monday, March 16, 2020

You As New

I want to talk and I want to listen
But mostly feel that which has been missing
I want to dive in and swim with eyes closed
Soon enough, I will leap to the other coast

The winds, they keep blowing in every direction
They pull me up and throw down with no hesitation
A bumpy existence with waves of a surf
I don't want to fall or trip on a red cord

If I can imagine the feel of perfection
It'll be like floating on air with no recollection
The kiss from above would carry me through
The darkness, the cold, the disappointment, and the gloom

And I would rejoice with every hand that I hold
I'd walk into the forest to bow down and to unfold
I would unwind the knot of the living past
Lie down over you and make you brand new

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest Peeps! I welcome your comments, so please feel free to start a conversation :)